MICROSOFT OFFICE SPECIALIST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: ENDING 31ST MARCH 2020
The Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) World Championship is organized worldwide by Certiport Inc. in collaboration with Microsoft Inc. The championship challenges students to demonstrate their knowledge, skills and abilities to productively use Microsoft Office, the leading IT certification in the world.
The competition covers six Microsoft Office Specialist exam categories – Word 2019, Excel 2019, PowerPoint 2019, Word 2016, Excel 2016 and PowerPoint 2016. Students are required to learn any of the programs and take an online exam at approved school testing centres during the competition period, which ends 31st March, 2020. Their scores will be registered for the competition. Top school scorers will be invited for the National Competition to be witnessed by judges, parents and the press in May 2020. The Top 100 National MOS Champions that emerge will be recognized in the National Microsoft Office Specialist league table.
The winners in all six programs will be sponsored by Zenith Bank PLC to represent Nigeria in the World finals in Disneyland, California, USA in July 2020.
UNDER-13 COMPUTING FUNDAMENTALS COMPETITION: ENDING 31ST MARCH 2020
The Under-13 Computing Fundamentals Competition is organized to challenge students aged 8 – 13 years to demonstrate their knowledge, skills and abilities in basic computing fundamentals aligned to National ICT School Curriculum and International standards.
We have adopted the Computing Fundamentals and Key Applications Modules of the International Certiport Digital Literacy Certification program (IC3) for this competition. The IC3 program is the global standard measurement of basic computing literacy. It measures the knowledge and understanding of basic computing and internet usage and provides solid foundation toward other higher-level IT certifications. Students are required to compete in one or two of the following exam categories:
The Computing Fundamentals Exam Category – it covers
- Computer Hardware, Peripherals and Troubleshooting.
- Computer Software.
- Using an Operating System.
The Key Applications Exam Category – it covers
- Common Program Functions
- Word Processing Functions
- Spreadsheet Features
- Communicating with Presentation Software.
The student will be required to take an online exam at approved school testing centres during the competition period, which ends 31st March, 2020 and their scores will be registered for the competition. Top scorers in participating schools will be invited for the National Competition to be witnessed by judges, parents and the press in May 2020.
NATIONAL CODING COMPETITION
The Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification is specifically targeted at students who are interested in computer science, coding and advanced IT careers.
Top scorers in participating schools will be invited for the National Competition to be witnessed by judges, parents and the press in May 2020.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITIONS
To participate in these competitions, contact the ICT department or use the contact form. The exam scores are registered as entry scores for the competition. The exams must be taken anytime during the competition period (ends 31st March 2020).
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITIONS
- Students pass rate in Computer Studies in national and international exams has increased to about 90%.
- Our exam resources have enabled students to excel in CBT mode exams.
- Students will have a strong base to offer Computer Studies and Data Processing in the Senior School.
- Students would acquire skills that are essential in their academic pursuit and later in the workplace.
- Successful students will earn a globally recognized certificate that would earn them college credits if they proceed to universities in America.
- Students that would like to work abroad while studying earn a certificate that is globally recognized and accepted and may not have to do menial jobs while in school.